07 April 2014

everlane

everlane
Over the past few months I've cleared out a good portion of my wardrobe and I feel like I've gotten my closet to a really great spot. From a color palate I'm sticking to, cuts and fabrics I feel great in and the highest quality I'm able to afford has made my life much simpler, but getting dressed is still fun. I'm very interested in buying higher quality items from brands that are conscious of sustainability and transparent in their business practices. Basically, treating the earth and their workers well. By buying higher quality, I can wear my clothes for longer and recycle them at second hand stores in the future to give them a second (or even third) life.
One company that I'm sure many of you have heard of is Everlane, and I keep telling everyone I know about them. Personally I've bought three tee shirts in total, all in the box cut pocket tee which to me are perfection. They're also only $14. What I like even more than the shirts is the response I received when I emailed them thinking my beloved treasure-trove of perfectly soft cotton tees was gone forever: "We purposely produce in small batches with our manufacturing partners without middlemen, and that flexibility allows us to charge a reasonable price. The box tee is currently out of stock, but not to worry-- we're working on restocking! Be sure to check our website for the most recent updates."
The tee shirts in particular are made from the fabric to the finished product in Long Beach, California in a small family owned factory focused on green-practices. And because of the effort of Everlane to seek out this factory we are given high quality at a reasonable price.
Each item on the site allows you to read about where each piece is made, who its made by and why they chose it. Ranging beyond tees there are beautiful, simple accessories like the Petra tote and the slim wallet and I would love to buy a navy slouchy cardigan next winter.
As a consumer I appreciate the company opening the conversation about where their products are made and how. I also appreciate the emphasis on green practices, although I'd like a bit more insight into how exactly the factories do so. This is a brand I will likely be buying from for a long time to come.
everlane
Everlane tee

5 comments

  1. OK, so I too have the box tee in all 3 colors and had a MELTDOWN last week when I saw that it wasn't listed on the site anymore. So glad to hear they're restocking it (I meant to email them and got distracted). Everlane is currently one of my favorite companies. I hope this is the beginning of a transparency trend in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAMESIES. On all things. I almost had a heart attack that I'd never be able to buy the white in a smaller size. Also, I want them to make everything I wear haha. The softness, it lulls me and the bizniz practices are def a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found everlane tshirts a while ago when I was looking for the perfect tshirt (something I am very much into), and I fell in love but then I realized that stupid everlane doesn't ship to europe :( they remain on my wishlist until they do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And their weekender bags are a freaking dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

happy, honey & lark. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.